October 9, 2013

Tasty Teriyaki Chicken

I stole this recipe from a blog months ago and I love it!!!!  Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember whose blog I saw it on...I'm sorry if it's yours I'd love to give you credit.  But any way I thought I would share it with my readers as well!

Here it is!

Tasty Teriyaki Chicken (Crock Pot)

Time : 5 min prep + 5-7 hours crock pot cooking
Yield : 7 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks it Up

4-5 Chicken Breast (boneless/skinless)
1 ½ cup water
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon granulated garlic (I used pureed garlic)
1 teaspoon sesame seed oil (optional – hard to find – I skipped it)
3 tablespoon cornstarch and 4 tablespoons cold water

1.     Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray
2.    Place chicken breasts into the crock pot.  Make sure chicken is fully defrosted.
3.    In a separate bowl combine 1 ½ cups water, ½ cup soya sauce, garlic, brown sugar and sesame seed oil.  Give it a nice stir and then pour it over top of the chicken.  Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
4.    When the chicken is cooked through and easily shred-able remove it from the crock pot and place it on a plate.
5.    In a small bowl combine the 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and the 4 tablespoons of cold water.  Pour it into the crock pot and mix thoroughly.
6.    Take 2 forks and break the chicken breast up a bit.  Just enough that the sauce has a chance to spread through the chicken.
7.    Place the chicken back into the crock pot and stick it around allowing the sauce to mix with the chicken.
8.    Cover the crock pot and let the mixture cook and thicken for 30 minutes.

Serve over white or brown rice and enjoy!

No comments: