3-4 boneless chicken breast
1 package of cream cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 red onion
Spray your crock pot with non stick. Cut the chicken breast into small bite sized pieces. Put chicken into crock pot and coat heavily with italiano seasoning. Add ¼ cup of chicken broth and stir. Turn crock pot onto low and cook for 4-5 hours.
At the 4-5 hour mark. Chop up your red onion into small pieces. In a medium sized frying pan (skillet) sauté your onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes. I like to add red pepper flakes to give it a little extra kick. Turn your temperature down to a low setting and add ½ cup of chicken broth, 1 package of cream cheese and the cream of chicken soup. Mix well. You might need to wisk it to get the chunks of cream cheese down. Let simmer until cream cheese is completely melted. Add to the chicken in the crock pot and let sit for 1 more hour.
In a small pot, bring water to boil, and cook your noodles. Add to the crock pot and stir right before serving. To give your plate a little color you could sprinkle parsley leaves on top and serve with a crisp green salad.
Tasty Teriyaki Chicken (Crock Pot)
Time : 5 min prep + 5-7 hours crock pot cooking
Yield : 7 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks it Up
4-5 Chicken Breast (boneless/skinless)
1 ½ cup water
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon granulated garlic (I used pureed garlic)
1 teaspoon sesame seed oil (optional – hard to find – I skipped it)
3 tablespoon cornstarch and 4 tablespoons cold water
1. Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray
2. Place chicken breasts into the crock pot. Make sure chicken is fully defrosted.
3. In a separate bowl combine 1 ½ cups water, ½ cup soya sauce, garlic, brown sugar and sesame seed oil. Give it a nice stir and then pour it over top of the chicken. Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
4. When the chicken is cooked through and easily shred-able remove it from the crock pot and place it on a plate.
5. In a small bowl combine the 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and the 4 tablespoons of cold water. Pour it into the crock pot and mix thoroughly.
6. Take 2 forks and break the chicken breast up a bit. Just enough that the sauce has a chance to spread through the chicken.
7. Place the chicken back into the crock pot and stick it around allowing the sauce to mix with the chicken.
8. Cover the crock pot and let the mixture cook and thicken for 30 minutes.
Serve over white or brown rice and enjoy!
Spicy Cauliflower Balls
o 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped fine ( about 3 cups)
o 4 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
o 2 jalapenos, diced fine
o 3/4 cup butter, melted
o 2 tablespoons olive oil
o 1 onions, diced fine ( I used vidailia)
o 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
o 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
o 1/2 teaspoon salt
o 6 eggs, beaten well
o 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine olive oil, onions and cauliflower in a large skillet.
3. Sweat over high heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add salt, pepper, garlic and jalapenos.
5. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
6. Add butter and remove from heat.
7. Mix eggs, Parmesan cheese and stuffing mix.
8. Add cauliflower mixture and mix well.
9. Shape into 3/4 inch balls.
10. Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes.
Sweet Potato Shephard’s Pie
· 1/8 teaspoon pepper
· ¼ cup beef broth
1. Peel and cut the Sweet potato and start a pot boiling.
2. Cook sweet potato for approx 25 minutes until cooked through.
3. Brown the beef in a pan with the ¼ cup of beef broth.
4. Once beef is almost fully cooked add the carrots, onions and garlic and continue cooking for approx 5 minutes.
5. Add the dash (generous) of ground cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice.
6. Mix well and continue cooking until fragrant through out.
7. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook on simmer.
8. Once potato is cooked thoroughly, drain and put back in the pot.
9. Add the cream and butter, salt, pepper and if you have the time some roasted garlic. And mash.
10. Once complete add the meat to the bottom of a square casserole dish and top with the mashed sweet potato.
11. Freeze it or cook and enjoy right away.
12. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.