January 9, 2010

Rambling...

I really have nothing too thoughtful or insightful to post.  I am feeling better.  I still have this nasty cough, but it will pass.  I'm having some frustration at work lately.  We've had to let go another employee.  It wasn't working out.  Sorry no... they just weren't working!  We let it go on past the Holidays because the employee seemed to be having some emotional difficulties, but there is only so long you can pay someone to sit on their ass and make your job harder.    Enough was enough.  Not really the best timing considering we are travelling out of country in less than 3 weeks for our FET, but whatever!  I'm not stressing.  We have put our lives on hold way too many times for our business and this year  making a baby comes first. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've just amped up my estrace for the 3rd time.  I seem to have no side effects from it.  I don't have another u/s check until next Saturday.  Which kind of drives me nuts.  I'd really like to know we are on the right track.  I hate not having a lining check for 2 weeks.  What is it about ttc that it's always a 2 week wait for everything.  Even if you are lucky enough to get pregnant you still have to wait 2 more weeks to see if there is a heartbeat, and how many beans there are...  Arrrrggghhh!  I really wish I could just bury my head in the sand and come out the other side. 

I haven't done anything to prepare the back up plans as of yet.  I haven't followed up with SG.  I haven't rang my clinic to get them moving on Cre.Ate either.  I keep putting it off.  At first I said I would wait until the holidays were over.  Now I'm thinking I'll wait until after the FET.  I don't know....  Is it stupid to arrange consults when you are going for an FET?  Is it bad karma?  Does it put a negative feel towards this FET?  Because that is the last thing I want. 

My main concern is that everything takes so long to get rolling in a donor cycle.  If we still haven't decided who we are cycling with, we are looking at at least an extra 2 month delay before a cycle discussion is even brought to the table.  Which means it could be another 1/2 year until we do a fresh cycle. 

Decisions...Decisions...  What would you do?

4 comments:

Hope C said...

Glad things are moving along. I'd probably make appointments for consults so that if you need them you have them. It may work in reverse you made them so of course you won't need them. ;)

MAJ Bryen said...

I'd pick one other option for the next cycle and get all medical records to them and find out what they need so you can go to them if you need to. I think it will be less stressful then waiting. It is much easier to cancel :)

babyrecipe said...

I would line up the consults so you have a plan B in the works. The worst that can happen is that you have to cancel and I think that might be sort of awesome if it's for the right reason ;~)

musicmakermomma said...

I agree with the others, make the appts, and get the ball rolling on DE, as a 4 time DE loser, take it from me that it is a slow process! Of course it depends on your clinic. Good luck, hopefully you'll be spending your time cancelling appts very soon!