January 11, 2015

An Abandoned Ship?

Is this blog dead?  Am I one of those infertiles that finds her happy ending and then quietly disappears into the abyss never to be heard from again?  
Not intentionally...
Life just up and got in my way.
I had big plans of posting many updates during my Christmas break from school, but alas my laptop was down for the entire break.  It is back up and running, however, I am now a very happy owner of a Mac!  Woot!  Woot!  I love me some Mac!
So okay it's been awhile.  Let's start with what I've been up to at school.

I started back to school full time in September in Computer Programming.  Very out of the ordinary for me.  Actually laughable to be honest.  I am not good on computers.  And THIS is why I chose this program.  I wanted to change that.  I hate not feeling up on the times.  And I want a job at the end of my education that is challenging and always changing.  Plus I like the possible job opportunities that might come my way....
Well...Is it challenging?
Oh My Gawd!  It is challenging!  I have never done that much homework in my entire life.  I have never been a stellar student, mainly because I never put in any effort.  Well I put in the effort and I excelled!  Amazing!  I passed everything, and most with high 80's!  I even had one class that was ridiculously challenging, it was Architecture of Computers.  We were pretty much doing 3rd year electrical engineering.  Well we had a major project due that was worth 40% of your final.  And going into the final weeks of class, we had no idea what our marks were in the class.  I chose to make a 4x4x4 LED cube (google it, it's really cool).  So I had to solder and make the cube with tiny LED lights and wire the thing up, then program it to dance and light up.  I finished it at 11pm the night before it was due.  I got a 90%!!!!!
So semester 1 was a success.
In the middle of the semester I had signed up for my first 1/2 marathon.  Well 3 weeks before that my girlfriend convinced me to run a half with her at Base Borden (our military base).  So I ran 2 half marathons in 3 weeks.  And I did pretty good!  The first was the one on the base.  It was a hot day (high 80's) and 7 miles of it was on gravel.  I finished in a time of 2 hours 11 minutes.  It was good, but I wanted better...  But with school my training had taken a hit.  Now during that run, my knee started to bug me.  After that I kept to small runs until my next half.  But my leg (knee) kept getting more and more painful.  I finally got into a chiropractor the week of my next half.  We did a little magic and prayed that my leg would hold out for the run.  This was my big 1/2.  It is the ScotiaBank 1/2 marathon in Toronto.  30,000 participants!  It was awesome.  But it was a cold cold day.  It is a flat course which is great.  I started off pretty good, but at mile 1 my leg blew.  I struggled...I kept going though and finished in 2 hours and 5 minutes.  Still not the time I wanted as I was at the 10km mark at 54 minutes, meaning I should have finished in under 2 hours.  But mile 11 was a really tough mental struggle for me.  There were some tears.  And some swear words.  But I did it!  And I'm proud of myself.  
Turns out I blew my IT band.  Which is a tendon that runs from your hip right through your knee cap into your ankle.  8 weeks later and I am finally running again.  Which is great since I signed up for a 1/2 Ironman this summer!  Crazy!!!!  (that may be part of the reason for backing off on my schooling, well that and Lola starts school this September).
So that has pretty much caught you up on me.  Well for the most part.  Lol!  There are lots of new things happening here with the girls.  I have more posts coming.  And some pictures too now that I have a great new computer and a great new phone, that all talk to each other.  But it's bath time, and I better get busy!
Much Love!
ks

2 comments:

S said...

Computer Programming sounds very challenging. How great that you are excelling at it!

Congratulations on your half-marathons. Sorry to hear about your injury, but glad to hear you are back to running.

Victoria said...

My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.