January 9, 2014

An Organized Mind.

I know I promised a 6 month update on Lucy, but I still haven't done her picture so that post will come in the next 2 days.  Today I wanted to post about what I've been working on for the last 2-3 days. 
 
My thyroid is totally off (I'm sure).  And because of that I seem to have the mind of a goldfish.  I forget everything.  This is causing problems when it comes to my attempting to eat healthy and get onto a proper work out schedule.  So I decided (to get my thyroid panel run) to make some schedules.  I have spent the last 3 days going over recipes and making a meal plan for the next 2 weeks.  It was tough actually.  As I have to count everything.  Not calories, but portions, food groups and fat.  I planned every day from breakfast to late night snack.  It's all down now all I have to do is follow it.  It makes groceries easier, and it takes the guess work out of what's for dinner.  Of course there will be adjustments on days I want to eat left overs.  And I didn't leave myself any cheats.  So I will adjust accordingly.  As I don't think I should deprive myself but I need to deserve the cheat.
 
And while I was at my meal planning, I decided I would do a work out schedule.  I did it for the whole month of January.  And looking at it, it looks a little hard to keep to.  But you have to start somewhere.  And if I am only able to make it to half it is still better than last month.  And if I make it to all of it!  Wow Boy will I be on my way.  On my workout schedule I also highlighted at the bottom of each day what meat we are eating that night so I know to take it out of the freezer in the morning.  Here is where my goldfish mind is killing me.  So now I have it staring at me on the fridge, what I need to do every day.  And I think the schedule I made will work with Lucy's nap schedule. 
 
Lucy is so much different than Lola in her sleep habits.  Lola slept through the night from 4 months on...And well Lucy...we are battling with right now.  Her naps are at the worst times of the day and not always at the same time every day.  But I made it to the gym yesterday and ran 4 km's.  And today I planned my workout after her first morning nap, so at 11 today.  It makes it tough to do anything else really through out the day, but right now the most important things are keeping my babies happy and getting mommy healthy.   Every run is getting better and better.  Easier and faster pace every time.  Today though I am hitting the bike.  And I am NERVOUS!  I haven't been on my bike in over a year.  And tonight I am going swimming for one hour.   I am still down only 3 lbs.  I seem to be stuck at 150.  And this is the reason it is time to go really hard at the gym.  I know my body type and I need to eat healthy and sweat my butt off! 

Okay that's enough talk about that.  6 month post coming up in 2 days!

Much Love!
ks

No comments: