December 11, 2012

Sick of Being Sick!

My house has been plagued by one bug after another for the last month.  We all got nailed with that horrible flu bug...of course at different times!  Then once we had one healthy day we all started coming down with that dang awful head cold that's going around.  Aaarrrgghhh!  It's been a nightmare to say the least.  And this head cold seems to be a really hard one to shake.  

Having the flu with morning sickness is absolutely no fun.  I was not a happy girl.  It took me awhile to figure out that it was the flu, I kept saying to JD if this is pregnancy I don't know if I can handle 8 weeks of this crap!  I still have nausea but it seems to be starting to wain a little bit.  Thank the lucky stars.  I hope that means that things are still going along swimmingly as I haven't had an u/s in over 2 weeks!  If your wondering if I'm starting to freak out...you are right.  I stop all my medications tomorrow.  I'm excited but scared at the same time.  I just have to have faith that things will work out as they should.

On a plus though I finally made it back to the gym.  Woot!  Woot!  I ran on Friday.  I only did 2.5 miles.  But it felt great to stretch my legs again.  To get my heart pumping.  Yes I watched my heart rate and when it got too high I walked to bring it back down.  My legs felt alive again the next day.  I haven't been able to get there again since as Miss LolaBean seems to be coming down with something again.  But I am hoping to get there tomorrow morning as Daddy is home!  

LolaBean started to get sick again on the weekend.  At first it was just not wanting to sleep.   Happy but no sleeping.  Then on Sunday she started not eating.  So now, not eating and not sleeping, but still happy.  Then yesterday we had meltdown after meltdown.  And finally by night fall she pointed at her throat and said hurt. Broke my bloody heart!  Now she's got a dry barky cough.  So of course I'm worried it's croup.  I'm trying to get her into the Dr this morning.  Unfortunately she is at the sitter's now as I had to come in to work to open the office (no one available).  Gosh I'm really starting to hate winter.  

So this is my sick house update!  I promise I'll post more and some picture posts are coming!

Much Love!

ks

2 comments:

Michelle D said...

Boo! That is no way to start the holidays :P I'm glad you are still a little barfy after getting over the flu and yeah! for no meds but nerve wracking I'm sure. Wishing and hoping that you will all be well soon :)

Anonymous said...

UGH!! Here too! I am SOOO sick of being sick too and LN10 has been sick on and off too. It freakin' sucks! LN10 has his 18 month follow up this Thursday and I am going to ask the doctor to do like an immune system work up on me because I am NEVER healthy! Since the pregnancy I am sick MORE than LN10. Drives me crazy!!! Think of you often...glad you are doing well despite the uckies. Take care. OH and if I don't have time to log onto Facebook, etc. have a Merry Christmas!!