September 24, 2012

On Infertile Ground

Going through my usual blog rolls on the weekend.  I came across a blog post about this documentary.  It's called On Infertile Ground.  Please feel free to check it out here...On Infertile Ground

I really liked the clip I was able to view.  I liked it so much that I *liked* it on FB even.  After all these years of infertility I still find myself shy at times to post or really speak out.  

It's such a personal issue.

That and I don't want people thinking I'm looking for pity or attention.  Or maybe it's more so that it truly is such a personal journey, and some people might not understand.  

I blog yes.  But it's still a little anonymous.  There is really a small circle of people I confide in about my feelings regarding infertility.  I would love to contribute to discussions and projects about infertility, but I just don't know if I'm strong enough yet.  

I hate crying in front of people.  And I still cry.  Alone though.  

I don't know if there will be a time in the future when I won't cry about our infertility.  I really do think there is some credit to those that believe that this type of infertility can lead to PTSD.  I don't doubt it.  I'm 100% certain that I am forever scarred from that day in the RE's office.

My family building didn't go as I had planned.  We don't have as much money as we once did.  And we are older than we intended to be.  But...I was able to have a baby...I can always make more money...(who needs to retire anyway!)...and so what if my knees crack!  I'm happier today than I have even been.  And I've made some amazing discoveries about myself and my husband along the way.

Any who...Check out the documentary...support it if you can...

Much Love!

ks

P.S.
I had to write this post over 3 times.  My stupid computer keeps shutting down and not saving.  This is probably the worst draft of this post, but now I'm in a hurry!  LOL!  Of course!  More to come on FET prep!

P.P.S.
Do NOT watch "What to Expect When You are Expecting"  if you are not in the mood for Infertility stuff.  I wasn't prepared for it...Whoops!  Total buzz kill on a Saturday night!

No comments: