I'm sorry I've been so tardy on my posting about the 'life change' weigh in's...but as you can see in my last post...I's been buzy! So here we go blogger friends, here's where I'm at...
Starting Weight : 169 lbs.
Last Weigh In : 148 lbs.
Current Weight : **130 lbs**
Goal Weight : 130 lbs
Ideal Goal : 125 lbs.
1. Reiterate my Goal and where I stand in reference to it.
Healthy lifestyle and an athletic body. And I am trying to build myself up to the 10 km run. My ultimate goal is to do a sprint Tri at the end of the summer (check). I have actually added another Sprint Tri to the mix, September 8th. And my longer term goal is to run a half marathon next summer (hopefully pregnant! Lol!)
2. Discuss what I am doing to achieve these goals.
Running 3x a week (at least)
Biking 2x a week
Swimming 1-2x per week. (I'm meeting with my old Tri coach on Thursday's mornings!)
Some muscle endurance classes (when time allows)
Very strict nutritional guide I'm following. And it works!
Eating smaller portions and more frequently throughout the day.
Drinking 8+ large waters a day. (no pop or flavour water)
Cut out the FATS!!!
Cheat once a week... You should never totally deprive yourself.
Activities and Goals for this week
Wednesday Night : 20 kms ride
Thursday : Swim for an hour, then run 5 km (off to the Sports Injury clinic in the afternoon)
Friday : Run with Lola (5.5 km)
Saturday : day off
Sunday : Spin class
Monday : Weights
Tuesday : 20 km's ride with a 5 km run right after
3. Post a reasonably healthy recipe, cooking tip or new idea for working out.
I have a fantastic recipe I would love to share. Beef Broccoli Stir Fry! I've added my changes and notes at the bottom of the recipe! This recipe is adapted from Weig.ht Wat.chers!
• 2 tsp cornstarch
• ¾ pounds of lean trimmed sirloin beef
• 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
• 5 cups of uncooked broccoli florets
• 1 cup of carrots diced
• 1 tbsp of ginger
• 1 tbsp of minced garlic
• ½ tsp of red pepper flakes
• ¼ cup of low sodium soya sauce
Heat oil in large skillet or wok. Add beef and stir fry until cooked fully (about 4 minutes). Remove from wok with a slotted spoon and put to the side for now. Add ½ of the broth to the pan and dredge the wok to loosen any meat from the bottom of the pan. Add the broccoli and the carrots, cover and cook, tossing occasionally until broccoli is crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover pan and add garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Stir fry until fragrant about 1 minute.
In a cup stir together the remaining broth, soya sauce, and cornstarch until blended. Stir into pan, and drop heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer, simmer until slightly thickened about 1 minute.
Return beef to pan and stir to coat. Allow it to heat up about 1 minute.
Serve and enjoy.
* I've actually been adding cauliflower into this and cut back on the carrots. I also tend to use about 3 tblsp of ginger and garlic, plus I add a large amount of Franks Red Hot sauce to make it spicey!* It's a fan favorite in my house, especially as an easy left over for work the next day!*
Healthy Eating Ladies!