May 30, 2012

WWW - Week 18 & 19

Phew!  What a busy 2 weeks it's been.  I promise to get back on track with my blogging very soon.  Especially since I can't remember all of my workouts after a 2 week span has gone by!  LOL! 

Oh Shoot!!!  I almost forgot!!!  Folks I did a 50 km ride on the weekend!  It was awesome!  It was the hilliest ride I've even been on in my life.  There was honestly only one straight bit and it was 1/2 km!  JD and I did it on Sunday.  It was called Spin the Lakes.  It was up in "Cottage Country".  And we did it in just a little over 2 hours!  Can you believe it?  So what do you think...am I getting Tri Ready????

Any way...here we go folks...the stats!
Starting Weight : 169 lbs.
Last Weigh In : 151 lbs.
Last Week : 148 lbs.
Current Weight : 144 lbs.
Goal Weight : 130 lbs
Ideal Goal : 125 lbs.

1. Reiterate my Goal and where I stand in reference to it.

Healthy lifestyle and an athletic body. And I am trying to build myself up to the 10 km run. My ultimate goal is to do a sprint Tri at the end of the summer.

2. Discuss what I am doing to achieve these goals.
Running 3x a week (at least)
Biking 2x a week
Swimming 1-2x per week. (I'm meeting with my old Tri coach on thursday mornings!)
Some muscle endurance classes (when time allows)
Eating smaller portions and more frequently throughout the day.
Drinking 8+ large waters a day. (no pop or flavour water)
Cut out the FATS!!!



Activities and Goals for this week
Thursday - Swim and Run
Friday - Run 5 km + with Lola  (might rain though...so...)
Saturday - Run 4 km with Lola and Hubby
Sunday - Swim
Monday - Road Ride (25 km) + Run right after
Tuesday - swim and weights

3. Post a reasonably healthy recipe, cooking tip or new idea for working out.
After 30 years of terrible eating habits...it's really funny that I actually do have healthy tips.  But I have fully embraced my new lifestyle, and I can't help but share some of what I've learned...
  • Watch the starch veggies!  IE:  carrots and corn (they are highest in sugar content and thus turn into fat)
  • Really monitor your dairy intake.  Dairy is one of the contributors to belly fat.  1 serving of dairy is 1 ounce of cheese!  It's really surprising when you actually start realizing how much we actually over eat. 
  • Your protien should be the size of your palm.  And you should have at least 2 per day.  If you are excercising over 6 hours per week than have at least 3 per day.  Protien is super imporant when trying to maintain a healthy weight loss.
Okay folks that's enough for tonight!  I will blog again soon!  I have some super cute pictures to share AND some 1st Birthday plans to share!  Can you believe my little LolaBean is going to be 1 next Friday!!!!!!!

Much Love!

ks

3 comments:

J o s e y said...

GREAT progress Ks - thanks for the tips!

Maria said...

Hi,

My name is Knoll Maria and I am a graduate student at Bar-Ilan University Information Science Department in Israel. For my final project, I am examining anonymity and self-disclosure in infertility blogs. The target population of the study are women bloggers who were or are going through infertility treatments and also blog about their experience. I am kindly inviting you to participate in this research study by completing the attached survey.

The following questionnaire will require approximately 5 minutes to complete. Your response is very important to me. Your informed consent to participate in this survey is assumed by completing the survey and by submitting it. Participation is strictly voluntary and you may refuse to participate at any time. A copy of the results will be sent to you, if you choose so.


Thank you for taking the time to assist me in my educational endeavors. If you require additional information or have questions, please contact by email.
Click here to fill out the survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHY0SC1wT0lHeEFqOGdZN3pXT3p3aHc6MQ

LisainSK said...

Wow!!! You are shredding the pounds!! Good for you!!! And good job on 50K!! Thats insane!! And I know...I can't believe our litte ones will be 1!