February 1, 2012

Weekly Wednesday Weigh In

Not a good week, not a good week at all!  I've been sick since Saturday, and then LolaBean got sick for the last 2-3 days.  Not eating as good as she should, not napping, coughing and snotting.  Urrrgghhh!  But every week can't be a winner and I refuse to only post the good weeks.  You get all of me!  The good, the bad and the chubby!  LOL!  Here we go!

Starting Weight:  169 lbs.
Last Week Weight:  164 lbs.
Current Weight:  164 lbs.
Realistic Goal:  145 lbs.
Ideal Goal:  125 lbs.

1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal:
My goal is to get back to my healthy lifestyle.  I was in a great place pre-pregnancy.  I worked out 4-5 days a week.  I rode in a 40 km's bike race (finished it in 1 hr 40 minutes).  I was in a triathlon club!  Pregnancy bed rest destroyed my body.  My short term goal right now is to run a 5km race in April.  My longer goal is to do a Try a Tri in September.  (The weight isn't as much of an issue as my health and fitness, but the weight is the best indicator to reflect where I am at in my goals...My BMI will NEVER get listed here.  That is just too embarrassing!)

2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals:
Currently I am in a running class and running 3x per week.  I am also doing muscle endurance.  I'm trying to get my eating habits back on track.  That seems to be the hardest thing to get back.  With a very energetic 8 month old sometimes quick and fattening is the easiest thing to do.  I really need to curb this though.  I am now making meals in advance.  Tonight I am making a Mexican Chicken Stew.  It may not be the lowest caloric dinner, but it's not bad, full of veggies, and is great as a left over!

Activities & goals for this coming week:
1. Make it to all my classes next week. 
2. Also try to get one spin class in this week. 
3. Upping my running time and adding in some sprinting work to try to up my pace. 
4.  Limit my eating out...Maybe only once this coming week!
5.  Push myself to work that much harder in my classes.  (I want to see some more sweat coming home!)

3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
There will be no picture right now as I am way too embarrassed to go there.  But I would love to share a tip for those that are into running.  When you are trying to increase your pace...When you are on your run, set a stop watch for one minute or do at least one side of a track (indoor runners) and sprint (pick up your pace to the most you can, and then go back to your regular pace.  There really is no other way to improve your time.  You can increase your length but not your time unless you stretch and push yourself. 

To all my fellow WWW, I'm cheering you all on!  I actually am meaning to do a list and I will get it done, so that you all know I'm fallowing you and cheering you on! 

Much Love!
Here's to a Healthier You!
:)
ks

4 comments:

Donor Diva said...

When we have rough weeks, I think it is great that we maintain our weight. Keep working towards you goal...baby steps :)

Jos said...

Way to keep with it, and it's awesome that even on a sick week, you at least maintained instead of gaining. Good for you!

Michelle D said...

I agree with the maintaining is sometimes all we can do during the bad weeks or times. These posts are inspiring and I definitely need to work on my health and weight :)

Anonymous said...

Keep working ,terrific job!
Bogs Women's Classic Mid Tuscany Rain Boot