July 12, 2010

Donor Selected!

Yes!  That's right!  We finally picked a Donor.  Well it actually wasn't that long but it felt like an eternity to us.  I truly think that deciding on a donor is the hardest part of this whole process.  Okay maybe the 2ww is the worst!  Ever since we made our decision I have been exhausted.  I guess the stress has just chewed me up and spat me out. 

We don't have a timeline on the cycle, yet.  We are supposed to get that this week sometime.  I'm not as excited as our families are, because unfortunately I know that there are a lot of hurdles we still have to get through.  Because we are in a 'Shared Risk' program, we are sharing our donor 3 ways.  We actually got this donor because another couple backed out.  So we are the 3rd couple, which means if she doesn't produce a large # of eggs, we get dropped.  I said to JD I'll be excited when I'm on the table being prepped for transfer! 

Well anyway, we are moving forward, and that alone is the best news I've had in a long time!

Much Love!

ks

3 comments:

Michelle D said...

Yeah! I am excited for you but understand the trepidation and hurdles to go. I will be crossing fingers and praying that you make it to a wonderful transfer :)

Brenda said...

Yea a donor! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of you!

Anonymous said...

Very excited for you! I was worried even as the #2 of 3, but it all worked out ok. You'll get a good idea once she has her first scan. yay!