February 16, 2010

Good Bye Tubes! You Won't Be Missed!

As you can probably tell by my title.  I am having surgery to remove my tubes.  I met with my RE on Thursday, she confirmed she suspected hydro.salpinges, and recomended we remove the tubes.  I didn't even pause.  I whole heartedly agree.  They do nothing for me, except cause me pain.  Now I know the pain is undoubtedly related to the hydro.salpinges.  I've been prescribed antibiotics until surgery, and I'm starting hormone replacement therapy for my POF.   I will be having a miscarriage panel run as well to try to rule out any other immune issues.  We have a lot coming up! 

Bone Density Scan
Ultra sound
m/c panel
meet with Endo.
JD - DNA Frag Test
Anti-biotics and HRT
Surgery


My awesome RE (Dr. F) and I discussed our selection of donors, and clinics and their stats.  I truly love Dr. F, and I really wish with all my heart that she could have been the one to make our dreams come true, but unfortunately their clinic just doesn't have the means.  They are going to monitor us all the way through regardless of who we use, so one day we will rejoice with them.  She definitely gave me a lot to think about.  JD and I are going to take this time waiting for surgery to try to have our consult at Cre.Ate and we are also going to try to get more information about CC.RM.  Shady45's stats just aren't that awesome.  And I really don't want to make a snap decision.  I've done that once and look where that got us.  Plus the fact that we can only really afford one more cycle.  We really need to feel like we went to the place that gives us the best odds of success.  I definitely wish that JD had been able to come to the appointment with me yesterday, but one of us has to work. 

 
It's funny I feel a little less stressed now that I know my tubes are coming out.  Dr. F is actually sending me to a hospital about and hour away, the hospital here could do it, but the wait is long, and the Dr.'s aren't really fertility minded, so they might not remove both tubes.  The Dr. I am going to go to has his own fertility clinic and actually mentored Dr F in laparoscpic surgery.  I think maybe I feel more relaxed because we have more time to make our decsion of where to go for the next cycle.  It gives us more time to figure out our finances.  We also have a contract negotiation the summer which was  stressing us both out.  So hopefully, everything will keep falling into place at all the right times.  Maybe this year is going to be different.  At least we are being pro-active this time.  I know in the future I will look back and say I tried everything I could.

4 comments:

musicmakermomma said...

Hey, glad things seem to be moving, and I think it is always good to go with the best surgeon possible - an hour is not that big of a deal when you are dealing with such a delicate area! Best of luck.

As you research your clinics, I thought Sprogblogger's waffling worksheets might come in handy as she looked at some of the same places http://www.sprogblogger.com/category/waffling-worksheets/

Good luck - hope everything works out for you!

MAJ Bryen said...

I'm glad you have some answers and a plan. I am glad that you will be able to get the tubes out. The other good thing that you didn't metion is it will eliminate the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy in the future. Best of luck to you!

Brenda said...

That sounds like a great plan! You're right, there is no need to keep your tubes if you're going to go the DE route. Why keep something that causes you pain and may actually inhibit a pregnancy??

I hope that you get lots of answers and that the surgery is a success. I had a suspected blocked tube a few years ago, and while it did not cause me any pain, when it drained it was.....unpleasant.....to say the least.

Txmom said...

Just an fyi you might want to talk to your RE about--an IFer on the Fertile Thoughts board posted that after she had her tubes out, the blood supply to her uterus was less, thus giving her lining response issues. I don't know if it was her particular situation or if blood supply to the uterus is always compromised with tube removal, but it may be something to get more info on for the future. Best wishes for your health and happiness