That's me! This is why I haven't posted in awhile. I've had a lot on my mind this past week. There are some work stressors that I won't go into detail about here. But it has had me up at night. Everything always happens at once. It's Murphy's Law! JD and I are trying to figure out what our best back up plan is with ttc, and now we have work stress and business decisions to make as well. I am not the right person to ask about making good decisions. I feel like every decision I've made in the last year has been the wrong one!
Enough about that!
Today I have a phone consult with a different clinic about doing a "Shared Risk Guarantee" program. We would still have to travel if we went with this clinic. It's about a 10 hour drive. So not horrible, but would still involve hotels, meals out, and a dog sitter. We are very undecided about where to cycle next. We still haven't gotten the referal appointment to the clinic in Toronto we want to go to. We are on week 3 of our wait for that. Referals can take up to 6 weeks just to get a phone call to book your consult appointment. I know! Ridiculous! Especially considering it is all out of pocket. I find it very funny that we get such a different response anytime we contact a U.S. clinic. It's always sure when would you like to come in! They would love our business! But the canadian clinics, it's kind of like fuck off we'll get to you when we can! And god forbid you question them about the protocols, or ask for an American drug, by mistake not knowing they call it something different here! Well that's blasphamy!
I'm really torn with this decision. It actually kept me up at night. They both cost the same, but the shared risk is a 1:3 split on the donor and you get 6 tries and any fet's that result. If at the end you still have not had a baby you get all your money back. Kind of sounds like a no brainer right? Well it's not! What about if you want a 2nd child? You have to start all over again. Because it is a 1:3 split on the donor each time the chance of frozen embryos is slim to none. So it's another $30,000 to try to have a 2nd child. Were as if we do a full fresh here, we get all the embryos and hopefully have enough left over for some FET's. The stats are the same at both clinics.
Bonus is we don't need to really make a decision on this until mid January. I think we are going to try to have both consults and try to get a feeling as to where we should be. Heck who knows maybe we won't need to make this decision for another year!!!
Fingers crossed! Sorry nope! We won't need to make this decision for at least another year, I'm just getting all the info now to save time later! :)