December 29, 2009

Back to Work

I think I might be the only one on my block that is back to work already.  It's been a very lonely drive into work for the last couple of days.  We drove back from my brother's house on Boxing Day in a freezing rain storm.  It was a very slow drive.  It normally takes about 4 1/2 hours to get there and this time it took us about 7 to get home.  Not really the best way to spend Boxing Day.

We had a great visit with everyone.  The kids have grown so much.  It was wonderful watching their excitement about Santa.  My brother's were on good behaviour for once.  There was no snide comments, no jabs, no put downs or bossing around.  I'm very proud of my older brothers for finally maturing!  LOL!

I was a little sad at leaving, mostly because my mom is now headed to Arizona for the rest of the winter.  This is the first year my parents are going to become snow birds.   I'm not really ecstatic about it, but I know that it is the best thing for my mom.  Her athritis hates the winter.  Unfortunately my dad will not be staying down there with her.  He has taken a contract that is going to keep him home for the next 3 months.  But my mom insisted she wanted to go.  I bought her a web camera for Christmas so we can skype.  I bought one for my dad as well, that way they can still have "date night"!  Teehee!  Just kidding!

That's all the updates I want to get into today.  I hope everyone had family and friends surround them during the holidays.  Hug each other a little tighter, kiss just a little bit longer, enjoy every moment. 

No comments: