June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!!

All my love to my wonderful Dad! He's always there for us when we need him! He's a true inspiration of a person. I hope he had a great day yesterday!


I didn't get to see my Dad this Father's Day, but I had him and my mom down Thursday to Saturday. We had to do some fix ups to the grading of my yard. Well I should say JD and my Dad did work on the grading. My mom and I were witness'! There was really nothing we could do there was only 2 shovels..! But I made them all fantastic meals, and a special dinner on Friday night, that was a big hit! Steak with Blue Cheese Butter and Asparagus with Pine Nut Butter! There was fighting over the last 2 asparagus! LOL!!!

Why the Grading had to be Fixed!
We've been fighting with our builder for a little while now... Our house is 6 years old and he's now coming back and saying he wants to regrade...! WTF!!!! We've spent over $15,000 on landscaping alone! The builder is not stepping foot on my property! And we've surveyed the property every step of the way, so we know we have not changed the original grading.... The main problem is that the builder did not grade our street right the first time and now he's being forced by the city to come back and redo it. I am really frustrated and having anxiety over this battle, as JD and I have done all our own work on our property, with large tree gardens, interlock patio, underground sprinklers, 300+ feet of weeping tile Urrrghhh the list goes on! So I really don't want the builder on my property... Especially as we had such a large battle with him during our closing... Anyway that's another really long story!



But thank god for my Dad! He came down and helped us try to make it look like we were doing what they wanted. He's always right there for each of his kids whenever we need help, and even when we don't!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ugh what a battle. The builder should pay for what needs to be done and then pay to replace your yard. That stinks! The asparagus sound great... could ya post the recipe if you have a chance?

ks said...

I will I'll scan it in tonight! My mom wants it too! It's sooo easy and yummy!