May 28, 2009

Donor Selected!

I think maybe Lady Luck might finally be looking our way! When we walked away from the donor egg process a little over 2 months ago, I was a little upset because I really felt a connection to the donor we had chosen. And I knew once we walked away that we would have to start all over again if we ended up going this way. Well to my utter amazement, we contacted the donor agency and they promptly e-mailed us back that they would look into our original donor to see if she was available. They still had all our information and our signed contract on file still, so we didn't have to re-do anything!
The Donor Coordinator e-mailed us back last night that our donor was still available and was on standby for us. We are now waiting for my RE to e-mail through the signed work flow document from them. Our deposit was paid today! So we are officially broke again. And the donor road has begun!
I'm not excited yet, because it's hard to really let yourself get excited after all the let downs that we've had. And like I said to JD I'll be excited the day I finally get a + on a pregnancy test! Maybe my excitement will increase when I have dates... I am optimistic though! I'm happy to have the percentages working in our favour for once through out this journey. I'm also trying not to get too excited because this could take up to 6 months to cycle. I really have no idea what to expect at this point. I've heard and read a lot, and that it can go as fast as 2 months from donor to transfer, but I just can't get too excited yet...

No comments: