January 6, 2017

Healthy Living

About 5 years ago I was at my highest weight.  Post partum after Lola I was still at 200 lbs.  I am only 5'2!  I gained a ton of weight with Lola's pregnancy, but I was already 40 lbs. overweight to begin with.  Unfortunately for me, I am not someone who loses weight while breast feeding.  I seeked assistance in January but found it was too expensive.  I cried and cried, but I picked myself up and got busy.  I started going to boot camp 1x a week and started a learn to run class.  So I was running 3x a week.  But my nutrition was not there.  I had no clue how to eat properly.  I've never eaten properly.  I've always eaten only 1-2 times a day.  And I hated all vegetables.   In February the weight loss clinic I visited had a 1/2 price special hit.  Jordan said "okay babe, HIT it, you need this!"  I learned so much there.  I changed my life.  I started eating properly.  Right portion sizes.  Right amount of veggies.  Hey what do you know I actually love most green vegs!  And I started drinking water.  I continued to run.  I continued to hit some light weight classes, but I mostly focused on running and riding my bike.  It was my 'ME' time!  Just me and the road.  I bought a jogging stroller and started taking Lola.  I was determined to get my weight under control and be healthy before attempting my last frostie.  I went from 184 lbs to 131 lbs.  

With Lucy I only gained 30 lbs. and again this time I could not lose the weight until I stopped breast feeding and returned to my program.  I still needed the guidance and the 3x a week nutrition counselling.  I would take in my journal and we would go through everything.  I was weighed and measured, and we would discuss different options for maximizing my nutrition with the amount of running and biking I was doing.  I was back sliding into the not eating again.  Enter the smoothies...

I tried every type of protien shake that was out there.  Even the crazy expensive one from the weight clinic.  All of them made me gain weight and tasted horrid.  Finally I tried Shakeo.  I was sold.  LOVE it!  It is my maintenance shake.  I use this to ensure I get enough nutrients and eat through out the day.  It has also helped me maintain my weight and lose when I need to.  I tend to use it as a protein addition rather than a meal replacement.  I'm not going to peddle this to you.  I just want to document what worked for me.  

Here I sit 4 years later at 121 lbs.  still drinking my shakeo and signing up for the BeachBody On Demand.  Lol!  I'm not super huge into at home workouts.  However, my hips are giving me trouble with running lately, and I need an alternate work out for days I don't run or hit the trainer on my bike. I'm going to document my attempt at the at home workout though.  As I like to see the changes that happen.  And if I can encourage any of my readers, that this is doable...Then it was worth sharing.  

Here are my before pics, during, and current.  

Side vanity note here:  I was not in prime shape for this 1/2.  My best time is actually 2:06.  And I am determined that I will crush a sub 2 hour 1/2 in my future!  Lol! 

Thanks for reading.  If you think change is impossible..then change will never happen.  Make the impossible possible!  Believe in yourself, you're worth it!







Much Love
Karen

1 comment:

Victoria said...


My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.