August 1, 2014

Who I've Become...Part 2

As stated in Part 1 I've been struggling with where I fit.  After our IF journey and settling into being a mommy of 2 I've been left feeling as though I had actually neglected the intellectual in me.  Which really isn't the case as our IF journey required me to educate myself to the point of considering nursing.  Lol!  But here I was sitting at 1 year post partum, maternity leave ending, and not wishing to return to work in the family business.  So what is one to do. 
 
I've continued with my running.  And I found with that I had time to think.  Time to consider my options.  My number 1 priority in my life is setting a good example for my daughters.  Having employed a large number of 19-20 somethings I can tell you the work ethic that todays youth has been raised with is less than sub par.  And that is not something I want for my daughters.  I want them to understand that you have to work hard if you want something.  Nothing in this life is free and the world owes you nothing. 
 
So I have decided to go back to school.  It is going to be very hard to be a full time student, a mom, a wife and a runner, but these are all things I am passionate about so I will work hard to achieve my dreams. 
 
I'm scared.  Who wouldn't be?  I'm going to be going to class with a bunch of babies!  I will be the old lady in the back, probably confused.  But I will show up, I will try, and I will set the example that I think my girls will be proud of. 
 
And I'm going to keep pushing with my running.  I have signed up for a 1/2 marathon in October and another in May.  My aim is to run a full by next October.  And then...start training for an iron.man.  Oh my gawd...crazy I know.  But I feel this need to accomplish this.  I'm hoping next summer that we (JD and I) can do 3-4 triathlons in the summer to kick start our training. 
 
There you have it...  After a lot of consideration I have discovered that I like myself.  I like my personality.  I like my work ethic, and my moral compass.  I like who I have become.  But I feel like it is time to challenge myself physically and intellectually.   And that is definitely what I am going to do in the next 2 years. 
 
I hope to post a lot more.  Especially since I will be on my computer a lot more now!  Lol! 
 
There's no backing out of all of this now...tuition has been paid...races have been paid for...It's all a go.  All I'm waiting for now is the starting gun to fire!

Much Love!

ks

4 comments:

S said...

How exciting! What will you be studying?

ks said...

I am going into Computer Programming! Eeeek! It's going to be a challenge for me, but I'm excited about it! I have a whole post about my decision coming!

Michelle D said...

Sounds awesome! And I'm sure like everything else you have conquered so far you will do great. Look forward to hearing more on the adventure.

J o s e y said...

Phew! So much on your plate, but so exciting too!