April 23, 2014

LifeStyle Change - Update

So Okay I kind of fell off the side of the planet there for awhile.  But that happens!  :)
 
I'm going to be brutally honest.  The lifestyle change is still going on.  I'm just not as strict as I would like to be.  I took 19 days off from working out / running!  Ouch!  First it was a pinched nerve then a head cold, then fear of being off track too long.  I was still eating right, when not ill, but I wasn't toning.  And that stinks!  So the weight loss isn't as great as it could be.  It's good, but I want to incorporate a well balanced lifestyle of nutrition and training. 
 
But let's be real.  With 2 small very demanding children, 2 dogs and a husband that works 13 hour days, it is very challenging to get out and get at 'er!  No excuses!  I was putting myself last.  And I was stressing out way too much about it all.  I had to forgive myself and decrease my expectations of myself at this time. 
 
I talked to my nutritionist and I am doing mainly maintenance nutrition now and email counseling with 1 office visit per week.  It works much better for me to incorporate my work outs back into my lifestyle.  That was the stitch that was causing too much stress.  I only have about 1.5 hours of time at a 2 points in the day to get things done with the girls.  And it was always either run, workout, or go to the nutritionist.  And let's not forget the laundry, cooking, prepping, washing etc... that has to get done.  Something had to give. 
 
On Saturday it was finally decent enough out to take out the double runner.  I only did 3 kms and it was very slow.  It was an 8:45 / 1 km.  Like I said really slow.  But that is including my 5 minutes of walking to warm up.  I was sucking wind hard in the first 10 minutes, but by the end half I felt good.  Later I realized I ran with 2 flat tires on the stroller with 2 little girls in it.  Phew!  That's why it hurt so much.  And I've hit one yoga class so far this week.  Tomorrow I'm planning a spin class and another yoga.  Or running and yoga.  Plus I'm going to go into the nutritionist tomorrow as well.  So busy busy.  But thankfully JD is home tomorrow so I have help!
 
But here are the stats...
 
Starting Weight : 153 lbs.  (January 2, 2014)
Current Weight :  135 lbs.  (April 23, 2014)
 
I've gone from a 28 BMI to a 24.7 BMI.
 
I actually put on one of my skinnier pair of jeans the last 3 days.  This feels good, I was wearing them when I was 12 weeks pregnant.  But I think it is more about the toning at this point.  Everything I'm not happy about isn't about size it's about softness.  There's a different roundness to my figure that I didn't have before.  And where the heck did my boobs go???????
 
Anyway, I will post a picture when I can.  And I am going to try to dig out the outfit I had on last time, so you can see the change.  And I won't do any air brushing or apps.  I may wait a couple of days though I have a mountainous pimple on my chin!  Eyuck!!!!  Anyway, must dash workout buddy on the phone, we need to make our plan for tomorrow!

Much Love!

ks

1 comment:

Victoria said...

My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.