November 3, 2013

Productive Saturday on No Sleep!

This weekend JD scored a Saturday off.  And Friday night I got a total of zero hours of sleep!  Awesome!!! Saturday morning we were up and dressed super early so we hit the McDonald's a 1/2 hour away for their playzone.  Little Miss Lola (the reason for no sleep) fell asleep on the way there, but woke up and had a great play.  We then headed to Costco (right when it opened).  Since JD was home I wanted to spend my afternoon cooking in advance.  I picked up some lean ground beef for $17.  And headed home to get the girls down for an early nap.  Thank the stars that Lola finally fell asleep and stayed there until 4 when we woke her up.  

We all crashed for the nap, some longer than others...Lol!  But when I got up I got moving.  With my $17 purchase I made 3 Shephard's Pies and 2 batches of meatballs.  I also made Cauliflower balls and banana bread.  I totalled it up and each Shephard's Pie with all the ingredients works out to about $5 per pie.  Not too bad considering one will feed us for 2 dinners and a lunch.  The meatballs and Cauliflower balls also freeze really nicely, so it was definitely a very productive day.  

*I've added the recipe for Cauliflower Balls and Shephard's Pie into my recipe page if you want them.* 

Now why is Lola not sleeping??????

I have no bloody clue.  We believe there is a combination of factors at play here.  She is getting her 2 year molars.  The top two have broken through and the bottom two are on their way.  We also think there is a growth spurt on the horizon as she's got a belly.  Her imagination has taken off lately, so she might be having really vivid dreams now.  We aren't convinced these are night terrors as she is fully awake and crying.  But she's definitely scared of something.  Last night was the first night I got 4 hours of consecutive sleep.  Plus Lucy has reverted to making me get up and feed her every 4 hours through the night again.  Even with feeding her rice cereal 2x a day and a formula bottle before bed.  Suffice it to say the last 2 weeks have been very challenging.  

I did however make it to the gym twice last week.  One of those times though was a total bust.  I was called down to the child mind room 14 minutes into my run as Lola had pooped.  And after I changed her she wouldn't let me leave again, so my workout was over.  I'm aiming for at least 3 trips to the gym this week, but we'll see.  And JD and I are also doing the 30 day plank challenge.  So we'll see how that goes.  

I promise a picture post will be coming in the next week or so.  I'm getting a new phone so I have to do a photo dump very soon.  And I have to do Lucy's 4 month update.  So lots of posting on the horizon.

Much Love!

ks

1 comment:

Jos said...

How do you get to your recipe page? I don't see a link. Maybe I'm just blind :)

Stella was easily waking up every 4 hrs at that age - I'd think it's pretty normal. Have you checked out troublesometots.com for sleep ideas?