March 3, 2012

I Love Shoes!

I don't know if I have ever shared this with you all?  But I have a major shoe fetish!  I love me some shoes!  When I moved out for college I took 150 pairs of shoes with me!  No joke we counted!  150!  Since pregnancy and the ridiculous swelling that occurred, I have been unable to wear any of my super hot heels that I love!  The swelling started at about 19 weeks and just progressively got worse.  There were some heels I could wear until about 24 weeks, but after that it was Cr*ocs, flip flops and my Co*ns.  Fast forward to the end of pregnancy, I really didn't go anywhere where heels were required, so I've pretty much lived in my flip flops or my Harley*Davidson boots, until Christmas.  Then I broke a pair out.  Well surprise surprise...I can no longer fit into 3/4 of my heels.  My feet have grown a full size.  I did notice this when I went back to the gym, as I had to buy a new pair of sneakers, but I was really hoping that my heels (foolishly hoping) would still fit.  (F bomb about to be dropped)

(Are you fucking kidding me that I can't fit into any of my old jeans, shirts or SHOES!!!  Whatever!)

Now that I am looking at going back to work in a couple of weeks, I really need to figure something out.  It's not necessary that I dress up every day.  Which is great since I can't fit (well I can but they are still snug) into any of my dress work pants.  And my shirts.... God don't get me started!  And I refuse to go out and spend a small fortune on clothes that I have no intention of wearing for more than 3 months.  So what I have decided to do is buy some tunic tops and a couple of pairs of leggings (not too expensive).  But now the question remains...what to do about shoes????  :) 

I walked casually into a sale yesterday!  CaChing! 
I thought these would look good with a pair of tights or skinny jeans (which I have) and a tunic or long dress shirt (which I also have).  Plus it's not a stiletto high heel which is going to take me awhile to get back to.  My feet really changed with pregnancy.  They still hurt a lot.  The Dr. thinks I have arthritis in my feet now.  Awesome!  So I don't really see myself rocking the stilettos for a 6-8 hour shift anymore.  Especially considering I actually do have to run quiet a bit with my job.  It's amazing that for 7 years before pregnancy I used to run all the time for customers in all kinds of weather wearing 4 inch heels, and never fell!  But at 6 months pregnant in flip flops I fell flat on my face walking!  LOL!  I really wish men could experience pregnancy.  Anyway onto the deal!  I actually scored these boots for $30!  :0  This is awesome since we are trying really hard to save money so we can do our FET in October.

Now if I had like $100 mad money I would actually go and buy these!  I love my Ni*kes but I would absolutely love a really, really good pair of running shoes.  My Ni*kes are more of a cross trainer, and since I'm running so much now...  Ahh well!

I did finally make it back to the gym yesterday.  I ran 3.06 miles.  So I ran for 31 minutes and walked for 4.  Not too bad considering I have pneumonia.  I had to use my puffer once at the 24 minute mark as I felt like my airway was closing up.  But it felt pretty good.  I didn't get to do much more than that there though.  I didn't even get to stretch and I'm suffering for that today.  But I'm planning to go tomorrow morning to do Cardio and strength training. 

Anyway this has become a long post, and I feel like I'm rambling...Sorry folks...! 

Much Love!

ks

2 comments:

Cam said...

That sucks about the shoes!!! My feet are already a size 8 and now after my pregnancy, more a size 9!!! Also having problems fitting into my shoes grrrr! But those boots are hot!

Anonymous said...

Those boots are HOTTTT!!!! I know you will kick this weight...and rock whatever you buy in the meantime!