October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

If you are Canadian, today is our Thanksgiving.  I know what I'm thankful for this year and for the rest of my life.  I'm thankful my beautiful, generous donor gave us the gift of life.  I'm thankful for SG and Dr. Stillman, I'm thankful for Dr. S for helping me have a healthy baby.  And I'm thankful for the glorious gift that is my daughter Lola.

Lola slept in her own room last night for the first time!  :0  It was very hard for JD and I, but she did great.  She slept from 7:30 to 5:30, then back down at 6:00 until 8:30 this morning.  You can't ask for better than that.  Now she is bouncing and cooing away to her Baby Mozart video.  Oh gosh I just love this little girl.

Yesterday we took her to her very first hockey game.  We went to Oshawa to watch my nephew play in a tournament.  It was a great day.  We were out of the house for over 8 hours.  She only got one bottle, I breast fed her most of the day.  I just kept excusing myself to the car, and would hunker down in the backseat.  Why not right?!?!  The only downfall was she didn't nap much which is probably why she slept over 13 hours.  LOL!  But she was happy all day, and she got to see all her Uncles, Auntie, and her Grandma, so that was lovely.

We did our Thanksgiving with JD's family on Saturday night.  So really the only family member we haven't seen this Thanksgiving is my Dad.  He's still working in Fort McMurray.  We can't wait for him to get home.  What sucks is he's only going to be home for a week and then off they go for the winter to Arizona.  Oh well such is the retired lifestyle.

I started the South.Beach diet today.  Heaven help me!!!  Whatever it's necessary.  I feel like a right stuffed cow.  It's time to shed all this weight and just working out isn't doing it fast enough for me.  Well I better get moving, her show is almost over, so it's time for playtime with Mommy.  I will leave you with a picture from her photoshoot!  Happy Thanksgiving!





Much Love!

ks

No comments: