May 6, 2009

Where to begin...?

I have decided to start this blog to document our journey to parenthood. We have no idea how we are going to get there at this point, we just know that we will.
This has already been such a long journey... I guess I'll start by introducing myself. I am "KS". I am married to a wonderful man "JD". He is my saving grace! Without him by my side I would fall. I am 30 and have recently been diagnosed with POF - Premature Ovarian Failure. We have been trying to have a baby for 4 years to date. I have been to many doctor's and have had many, many, many tests / surgeries / blood draws / ultra sounds / etc... Unfortunately there was a comedy of errors through out our attempts at a diagnosis, and, I am now entering full ovarian failure. This means the opportunity for me to have my own genetic child may be gone! I say maybe because I still do and always will believe that miracles do happen. I just don't know if God is saving one for us!
I have recently had my very worst FSH reading (72) and have now started hormone replacement therapy. I really don't know where the next year is going to lead... But I'm hopeful!